RE: Code Red side effects

From: ren stimpy (ren000aat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 06:57:54 PDT

    same thing here... i've been seeing rpc scans on the
    whole class c subnet at least once a week...
    othertimes it is just a 10-50 address at a time/per
    day... it's getting quite annoying...

    btw, has anyone seen these 27374 (sub7), 12345
    (netbus), 139 (netbios) combo scans lately? it all
    comes in within a second to the same ip/from the same
    ip and then this pattern hits the other ip addresses
    that i manage... know what's doing this?
    thanks...

    	"Ken Pfeil" <Kenat_private>
    	08/01/2001 05:59 PM
    	Please respond to Ken