Conclusion for the dirrent Code Red URL's....

From: Daniel Mostertman (securityfocusat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 01:33:06 PDT

    Hi all,

    My conclusion, is that, dispite the fact that the X's and O's only turned up
    a couple of days ago, that the inventor thought that we were going to be
    patched for the N's, and not for the X's or O's or any other character.

    My suggestion is that he kept that in mind, and set a timer (I guess August
    1st), to deploy these activities, and that it's not a new variant, but the
    same, existing, first one.

    Any good reason why I shouldn't think that?

    // Daniel Mostertman