Code Red II inspired by both Code Red and sadmind/IIS

From: Denis Normand (normandat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 19:25:40 PDT

    I just came back from vacation and was catching up on various things,
    among which  Code Red II.

    On July 2, I posted a message on this list about a side effect of
    sadmind/IIS where, under some configuration, root.exe was left behind in
    the /MSADC/ virtual folder. From the uniattack.pl script of sadmind/IIS,
    this side effect seems unintentionnal. I was very surprised to see that
    what was a side effect in sadmind/IIS is actually one of the core
    purpose of CR2!

    This leads me to think that the author of Code Red II was not only
    inspired by Code Red, but by sadmind/IIS as well.

    Also, the first side effect I mentioned in the previous post, is even
    more effective with Code Red I and II.

    Denis Normand
    normandat_private