Re: Been a victim of a DDoS

From: Gustavo Monserrat (segat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 07:46:08 PDT

    RE: Been a victim of a DDoSIt is actually crazy. :)

    You're talking about something like a stateful inspection. It wouldn't work
    for two reasons:

    - First, sometimes traffic returns through a link that is not the one it
    left our network from (unbalanced traffic).
    - Second, it could take a huge amount of CPU and memory and could cause
    quality service problems. We are your ISP, you wouldn't want that. :)

    Regards,
    Gustavo