Re: Revenue loss due to breakins

From: Stephen Friedl (friedlat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 11:02:55 PDT

    I wonder how much of this "revenue loss" includes efforts that should
    have been done in the first place. I mean, time spent researching and
    testing a Microsoft patch should be credited to "Cost of running IIS",
    not "Cost of Code Red". You can't claim that the thief is responsible
    for the cost of the alarm system you installed after he left either.

    Steve

    ---
    Stephen J Friedl | Software Consultant | Tustin, CA |   +1 714 544-6561
    www.unixwiz.net  | I speak for me only |   KA8CMY   | steveat_private