RE: Identification needed ...

From: Reeves, Michael (GEAE, Compaq) (michael.reevesat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 13:03:48 PDT

    Neil,

    	First thing you want to do is unplug that badboy from your network.
    Then find a good scanner and scan that thing for backorifice or any other
    remote control type backdoor. Next get ya an updated virus scanning util and
    clean it. Once you make sure it is clean from viruses have the person copy
    their important material off of it and format it. Otherwise if you miss
    something then you could get your whole network infected and then it could
    be even more fun. I would inform the person who has this pc of the possible
    risk they are unleashing on your network. I am sure the person who is
    actually responsible for the pcs would like to know that information.

    Mike Reeves