CBOS v2.4.3

From: terry white (twhiteat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 07:53:34 PDT

    ... ciao:

        04/Aug/2001 @ 03:44:21 i saw my first "GET /default.ida?XXXXXXXX".
    being a 'quest' dsl customer with a 675, i had a problem.  i recall
    having mentioned this, and when i came across a 'solution' made note of
    that also.  someone else made mention of changing the ip toward which the
    web interface looked.  the 675 is running CBOS v.2.2.0.

        yesterday, cisco's announcement of their 'fixed' 2.4.3 CBOS was
    forwarded on one of the lists.  following the instructions therein, i
    contacted the listed email contact.  i was instructed to read the
    document i'd just read for instructions.  this prompted my inquiry about
    what i'd missed in that reading, to which i was offered the graph about
    contacting the 'third' party.  it was clear to me, this was circular in
    nature, so i called 'quest'.

        the latest version CBOS 'quest' had was 2.2.0.  however, on monday
    quest is mounting a wholesale 'user upgrade effort' to include the latest
    2.4.3 version.  as i run linux, support is clearly out of the question,
    but in my instance, not an issue.  i do have to add, that 'quest' as been
    far more responsible than cisco in dealing with the CR-II problem given
    their respective posiions in the situation.

        this problem is CLEARLY a cisco fiasco.  they designed a web
    interface, that when disabled, is port sensitive.  what is 'wrong' with
    this picture, well, in the best of all worlds, port consideration would
    be a 'moot' point for a 'disabled interface'.  to my mind, this issue
    transcends cisco's demand that third party vendors, where they exits,
    'handle' it.

        bottom line:  there a multitude of cisco product users, that cisco
    has NO interest in helping solve a problem, 'cisco' created ...

    --
    ... i'm a man , and i can change ,
        if i really have to , i guess ...