Re: Strange entries in Apache access_log

From: //Stany (stanyat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 11:24:07 PDT

    On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Jose Nazario wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Bart Haezeleer wrote:

    > > 63.251.5.46 - - [30/Aug/2001:09:20:04 +0200] "GET
    > > http://www.yahoo.com/index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 2890
    > some sort of screwup? the 200 return code is interesting ...

    Looks like this was a search for web proxies.

    > > Is this something to worry about?
    > not much. just a scanner.

    I would be concerned  - not only they are using your bandwidth, they can
    also use your system for "carding" something on the internet, and shift
    the blame onto you.  Or use your system to bypass access restrictions.  Or
    any of the miriad of other things.

    Signed:
    //Stany
    --
    +-------+ Stanislav N Vardomskiy - Procurator Odiosus Ex Infernis[TM] +-------+
    | "Backups we have; it's restores that we find tricky." Richard Letts at ASR  |