Re: Incident Response

From: Yuri Demchenko (demchat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 02:48:59 PDT

    It may be late answer but still you can find a lot of related
    information about incident description and response at the Incident
    Taxonomy and Description Working Group (also known as  Incident Object
    Description and Exchange Format WG - IODEF WG) webpage at
    http://www.terena.nl/task-forces/tf-csirt/iodef/index.html

    Current documents:

    * Best Current Practice on Incident classification and reporting
    schemes. Version 1.0.
    * Taxonomy of the Computer Security Incident related terminology
    * RFC 3067 TERENA's Incident Object Description and Exchange Format
    Requirements
    * Incident Object Description and Exchange Format  Data Model and
    Extensible Markup Language (XML) Document Type Definition
    * Incident Object XML Data Type Definition (XML DTD). Draft Version 0.0
    * Incident Object Data Model Draft Version 0.0 (Description, Chart)

    The above development is based on experience of few leading European
    CSIRTs and first of all JANET-CERT (http://www.ja.net/cert/) and CERT-NL
    (http://cert-nl.surfnet.nl/) where you can find or ask more practical
    information.

    Desmond Irvine wrote:

    > Does anyone have an incidence response form that they would be willing
    > to share?  I'm looking to see what sort of information others are
    > recording about security incidents.  I want to put together something
    > comprehensive to help in documenting incidents that could also serve a
    > sort of check list of things that should be done.  Sometimes without a
    > form it's easy to forget to check simple things like is the clock on the
    > compromised system in sync with the rest of the world.
    >
    > Thanks, Desmond.
    >
    > --
    > Desmond Irvine                Security Analyst, Information Technology
    > Sheridan College              Phone: 905-845-9430 x2035
    > 1430 Trafalgar Road           Fax: 905-815-4011
    > Oakville, ON  L6H 2L1         EMail: desmond.irvineat_private

    Yuri Demchenko, TERENA, Singel 468D, 1017 AW Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Tel: +31 20 530 4488  Fax: +31 20 530 4499  E-mail: demchenkoat_private