New Worm or Attack

From: VanMeter, John (John.VanMeterat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 09:31:11 PDT

    I've seen the following attacks on one of my servers in the dmz

    An attempt was made to run a program in the system32 directory from the IIS
    server. - MS00-057 - "File Permission Canonicalization" Vulnerability

    HTTP URL Scans

    URL contains a pattern that is allows a remote intruder to access files or
    run programs on the web server machines.

    Is this what every one else is seeing?

    John van Meter
    WIN2K System Administrator
    202.366.9884
    ____
    Never let formal schooling interfere with your education
    Disclaimer: My own two cents