RE: New worm ??

From: Olivier DEMBOUR (olivier.dembourat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 08:31:00 PDT

    > Hello,
    > I and a few others I know are getting bombard on our machines with IIS
    > requests....looks like another worm, and its much smarter than before, it
    > seems to stay within the same class A and sometimes the same
    > class B as the
    > attacking machine is in. here is an excerpt of what i believe is the full
    > scan....

    	Be carefull ! don't surf on the infected server it seems to have a virus
    (readme.eml) loaded on the index page (IE+mediaplayer bug). The virus is
    readme.exe,
    but it don't seem to be troj_apost.a. The readme.eml is on the scripts
    directory or
    an other virtual directory.

    Olivier DEMBOUR                        AXIPE
    Responsable Audit                      Parc de Garlande
    Tél : +33 (0) 1 55 58 17 41            1, rue de l'égalité
    GSM : +33 (0) 6 62 37 90 33            92220 BAGNEUX
    Email : olivier.dembourat_private      Fax : +33 (0) 1 55 58 17 57

    Fingerprint : 38B7 E954 BD45 C227 32B0  DD87 B5D7 6724 C919 803F