Nimda.amm: anecdotal symptoms

From: Justin Hahn (jehat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 10:55:12 PDT

    A couple things I seem to be seeing:

    Infected hosts do what appears to be a netscan. Infected hosts produce an
    INSANE amount of ARP traffic. Also I'm keying on the following file
    searches:

    mmc.exe
    *.eml
    root.exe

    So far I seem to be finding the infected machines. Can anyone else out there
    confirm the ARP traffic correlation?

    ----
    Justin Hahn              ProfitLogic
    jhahnat_private    11 Cambridge Center
    Systems Administrator    Cambridge, MA 02142
    o: 617-218-1986          www.profitlogic.com
    m: 617-501-2743
    f: 617-218-1901