Nimda affecting Linux?

From: George Taylor (georgeat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 08:24:38 PDT

    Although Linux boxes are not susceptible to Nimda attacks or the
    recent Code Red, surely there must be affects on the performance of
    the machines due to the sheer volume of attacks?

    We have been wondering whether it is worth finding a service provider
    who can host your server, far away from any network (within reason)
    windows machines, to reduce the likely hood of being in the middle of
    a cluster of rampant infected servers that are scanning here, there
    and everywhere.As you are more likely to be attacked being next door,
    right?

    Please let me know your feelings on this.

    E.g. Would you build a new house in the middle of a war-zone?

    Below is a breakdown of the attacks we had received by 12:00 noon today;

    UK
    Nimda worm scanner...
    We have received     109 scans from      25 different IP addresses

    US
    Nimda worm scanner...
    We have received    1860 scans from     278 different IP addresses

    US
    Nimda worm scanner...
    We have received    1669 scans from     235 different IP addresses

    Regards,

    George

       Design Solution Limited

       e: georgeat_private