Re: Nimda and samba, chap II (20010531?)

From: Kris Carlier (rootat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 05:34:55 PDT

    Chip,

    > It isn't all that easy to clean up, even
    > with the new definition tables, F-prot
    > linux scanner will report clean with

    quasinix:/etc/mail # fsav --version
    F-Secure Anti-Virus for i386-linux Release 4.13 build 3360
    Frisk Software International F-PROT engine version 3.10 build 701
    sign.def version 2001-09-18
    sign2.def version 2001-09-17
    fsmacro.def version 2001-09-18

    > clearly infected .eml(s) laying everywhere.

    OK, .eml, this ain't spreading through mail, is it ? We run fsav with
    sendmail and amavis, and it clearly blocks those. Even 4.12 would do so,
    but needs the latest signature

    kr=