Mutex

From: Thorat_private
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 16:34:00 PDT

    Blaine Kubesh reported that having an open handle to a mutex named
    "fsdhqherwqi2001" kills Nimda.
    After posting the app I quickly coded up to do this, others tested it and
    said it keeps a box from becomming infected both initially and recurrently.

    Some mail servers kicked back the zipped up .exe file, so I have posted it
    on the Hammer of God site, and can be downloaded here:
    http://www.hammerofgod.com/download/mutex.zip

    The zip includes the exe and the cpp source for those interested.  It simply
    opens the handle, and waits for you to hit the letter 'q' to kill the
    session.  That's all, and it reportedly works.

    Blaine gets all the credit; I just coded the thing up real quick. Go nuts.

    Later.
    Attonbitus Deus
    rm -rf /bin/laden