Re: Yet Another Nimda Thread (YANT)

From: Bryan Andersen (bryanat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 19:58:03 PDT

    Seeing many people have asked.

    > Any chance of sharing the scripts that created those charts?

    I've placed the copy of my script that produced the output below at:
      http://www.nerdvest.com/security/get-times2.bash
    It's slow and inefficient, but you know it only took a few minutes
    to write.  Developed on a OpenBSD system using the bash shell. I'm
    told it runs fine under other sh like shells.

    The script reads standard format Apache log files and outputs
    a list of counts for codered and nimda worm scans by hour.  It
    has a few lines that need to be tailored for your site.  It
    doesn't output the headers, but easily could be extended to.

    dd/mmm/yyyy:hh  CodeRed                 Nimda
    21/Sep/2001:00  /16 0   /8 0    /0 0    /16 0   /8 4    /0 4
    21/Sep/2001:01  /16 0   /8 0    /0 1    /16 0   /8 4    /0 4

    --
    |  Bryan Andersen   |   bryanat_private   |   http://www.nerdvest.com   |
    | Buzzwords are like annoying little flies that deserve to be swatted. |