RE: Nimda et.al. versus ISP responsibility

From: John Campbell (jcampbellat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 10:53:35 PDT

    I have begun advocating in favor of 'progressive discipline' for ISP
    customers harboring infections- first, notification; second, a 'time-out';
    third, disconnect.  Basically we need to look at this as quarantining
    infected sites so they don't spread the germs and put larger portions of the
    net populace at risk.

    John Campbell
    Security Engineer
    Washington School Information Processing Cooperative (WSIPC)
    jcampbellat_private