Re: TCP FIN Increase

From: Skip Carter (skipat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 15:17:34 PDT

    > I am seeing an increase in TCP FIN attacks on the few firewalls I monitor,
    > both PIX and SonicWall are reporting them.  Is anyone else seeing this
    > increase?

      My snort boxes have seen occasional bursts of these for the last
      three days, all of them were associated with port 113 attempts.

      That reminds me, I haven't seen a SYN-FIN attempt for over a month
      now (I usually would see 3 or 4 a week).  I have just been assuming
      that it was just a case of "lower hanging fruit".

    --
     Dr. Everett (Skip) Carter      Phone: 831-641-0645 FAX:  831-641-0647
     Taygeta Scientific Inc.        INTERNET: skipat_private