Corrupted Directories, Intrusions, and Nimda Oh MY

From: Drew E. Gilkey (Dgilkeyat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 17:48:30 PST

    Went on vacation for a week, come back to see that my email server is
    reporting that its comepletely full. Look a little deeper into it and I
    see that people have uploaded tons of MP3's, Warez, etc.. Wondering how
    they got in I start to do a virus scan and bam... Nimda was found...
    Unfortunately now I have tons of files on my system that cannot
    seemingly be removed... 2000 thinks they dont exist, yet they do and
    they are taking up disk space.. I have managed to get one of the
    directories removed but the other ones contained tons of locked files,
    weird directory structures that make the system think that the files nor
    directory dont exist, plus permission problems... Anyone got a tool that
    will allow me to just delete the directory and all the subdirectories
    this stuff is in? Or any advice.. I have tried using the ASCII
    characters, etc.. but I just cant seem to get them to delete.. I can
    access the folders via FTP, but when i try to delete them the OS cannot,
    not can I download anything in the folder.

    --Drew Gilkey
    Dgilkeyat_private