RE: Nimda Infections

From: Dial Joe (Joe.Dialat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 16:46:13 PST

    Yes,
    My home connection is via @home and there seem to be lots of systems which
    still have Nimda, even code red on the (aparently somewhat local) net with
    me.  I think/hope @home is blocking somewhere upstream.  At work, we have
    the same provider, but a different group (FiberNet vs. @home) and there
    seems to be a fair amount of  this type of traffic on that net as well.  I
    had to put in web log management on the DNS server because Apache's error
    and access logs are full of that crap. Eventually, I'll probably have to
    remove the web server (it doesn't really need it), just to prevent a disk
    full DoS.

    I have been assuming that it was just me.
    Joe