RE: port 6635 and port 9705

From: Rob Keown (Keownat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 18:45:39 PST

    Our IDS detected SYN Floods from 216.187.84.11 on 11/13 at 15:38 and 18:05.

    They were caught by our perimeter sensor and blocked by the firewall. I have
    also ports 9705, 6635, and 80 scans at 15:32. Our scans were not from an
    incrementing port # (perhaps further evidence of manual works).

    I'm in the process of looking at the capture files.

    Sent email to the intruder's admin.