SSH1 CRC32 Compensation Attacks

From: Armando B. Ortiz (aortizat_private)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 07:36:49 PST

    The attacks apparently took down two of our servers in a 4-server
    webfarm.  They apparently leave the typical root kits and
    compromised/trojaned binaries.

    Unfortunately, I can't recover the other boxes and have to rebuild
    them.  The intruder left compromised files relating to the operation of
    SSH as well as a trojaned SSH daemon.

    =:(

     From the Linux Box of Armando Ortiz
                           System Administrator
                           OnLineTraffic.com
     Email:  aortizat_private
     Download my public key from:
      ftp://209.185.214.98/pub/pubkeys/aortizat_private
       or retrieve it from
      http://www.keyserver.net as aortizat_private
                                 (Public Key expires 01/04/2002)
           All emails from me are signed by this public key.