Re: Voluminous SSHd scanning; possible worm activity ?

From: Dave Dittrich (dittrichat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 14:37:44 PST

    On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Steve Wright wrote:

    > mcaffee reports the x2 file as containing the bleh unix worm ??

    McAfee (and Kaspersky Labs) are wrong.  It is an ssh exploit, not a
    worm.  If anyone from either company wants to contact me about how
    what signature is used, I'd love to help straighten this out.

    --
    Dave Dittrich                           Computing & Communications
    dittrichat_private             University Computing Services

    PGP key      http://staff.washington.edu/dittrich/pgpkey.txt