Re: FTP scans from wanadoo.fr

From: russell (R.FULTONat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 14:49:08 PST

    On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 06:59, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

    > hello,
    >
    > for some time (weeks if not months) several of our remote offices have been
    > logging connects attempts to port 21 from various ips that resolve to
    > (something).wanadoo.fr.  since we have firewalls on many different networks
    > from several providers all logging these attempts, i'm fairly sure this is a
    > script randomly scanning ips.  I even put up an FTP server on one box to see
    > what would happen if port 21 was open, it attempted to login as anonymous
    > but I didn't let it go any further.

    I've been wondering when someone would start complaining about wanadoo.
    I have been reporting two or three ftp scans a day for months!  Let's
    hope that they actually do something about it now.

    Not far behind wanadoo.fr is t-online.de (which I believe is a large
    German ISP). I am seeing about five ftp scans a week from t-online.de,
    all are reported to their abuse address.

    Does anyone have any contacts who might ba able to get some real action
    on this issue?

    Cheers, Russell