Re: port 6699 scans

From: David Correa (tech@linux-tech.com)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 17:39:44 PST

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Brad wrote:
    > Hi folks
    >
    > This evening I've noticed a *huge* increase in port 6699 scans.
    >
    > I'm investigating further, but would like to know of any similar
    > situations.
    >
    > Cheers,

    Port 6699 is used by Napster
    http://www.cromwell-intl.com/security/468-netaudit.html
    but it could be a sign of something else going on there

    Here is a tread that might apply to your issue:
    http://www2b.abc.net.au/science/techtalk/posts/topic55877.shtm

    ::dc::

    David Correa RHCE CCNA
    http://www.linux-tech.com