shaft client to handler?

From: Kyle R Maxwell (kylemaxwellat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 15:15:56 PST

    I got these message from my Snort sensor earlier today. What concerns
    me is that the machine in question is my firewall (runs OpenBSD 2.9),
    so even though the Snort rule triggers on the port # (I think), it
    shouldn't be valid traffic. Also, in the several hours previous, I've
    been seeing lots of large ICMP packets and "Communication
    Administratively Prohibited" traffic to various hosts on the internal
    network.

    Have I potentially been compromised, or is this "scatter" traffic"?

    Jan 21 15:51:45 hostname snort: [1:230:1] DDOS shaft client to handler
    [Classification: Attempted Denial of Service] [Priority: 2]: {TCP}
    216.227.124.82:76 -> x.x.x.x:20432
    Jan 21 15:51:46 hostname snort: [1:230:1] DDOS shaft client to handler
    [Classification: Attempted Denial of Service] [Priority: 2]: {TCP}
    216.227.124.82:20 -> x.x.x.x:20432

    =====
    Kyle Maxwell [kylemaxwellat_private]
    "That that is is that that is not is not."