Re: Apache 1.3.XX

From: Sten (stenat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 04:03:21 PST

    On 1 Feb 2002, Russell Fulton wrote:

    > On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 15:22, John wrote:
    > > Hello list,
    > >
    > >   I was wondering if anyone has heard about an Apache 1.3.XX bug starting to
    > > surface. Supposedly it creates a bind shell on TCP 2029 when this code
    > > executes the payload. The exploit has "7350apache - Apache 1.3.XX remote
    > > root exploit" in the binary (along with some other stuff that I don't want
    > > to say on the list). I don't have access to this binary and that's why I am
    > > curious as to if other people on this list have seen anything lately.

    As far as I have seen the apache, ossh 2.9-3.0.2, bind9 seem
    to be fakes, which the kiddos use too fool each other.

    If there is one it's very private. And not realy circulating,
    the signed issues solved in 1.3.23 dont seem te be remotely
    exploitable afaik.

    --
    Sten Spans

      "What does one do with ones money,
       when there is no more empty rackspace ?"