RE: We Are Past Your Firewall...

From: McCammon, Keith (Keith.McCammonat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 13:13:05 PST

    Someone sent a NET SEND message to the remote terminal.  However, from
    the information that you have provided, there is no way to know what has
    happened.

    Are MACHINE1 and MACHINE2 on different networks?

    What do the firewall logs indicate at this time?

    If there is a firewall, and the machine from which this originated is on
    a different network, that would lead me to believe that something is
    wrong--determining exactly what that "something" is will require some
    administrative detective work.

    Can you post some additional information?  Perhaps something from a
    firewall and/or the event log?

    Cheers

    Keith