Re: We Are Past Your Firewall...Thanks for the responses

From: raymond simon (desperate_straightsat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 06:55:19 PST

    --- raymond simon <desperate_straightsat_private>
    originally wrote:
    > A friend of a friend sent a screenprint of a popup
    > he
    > received when connecting to a network share.  The
    > text
    > reads (Sanitized):
    > Messenger Service
    > Message from MACHINE1 to MACHINE2 at TIME
    > We are past your firewall and can see you are on as
    > your administrator.  Are you concerned?
    This actually is 'a friend of a friend' incident - I
    was forwarded a screenprint of the popup which was
    received *every* time he connects to a share on the
    machine - I guess that was not explicitly stated.  So
    I was wondering ig this was a skiddiemark.
    I really don't know any of the other details, but my
    friend an I both advise his friend that his admin
    should be very concerned (apparently he is not).

    Thnx for all the info - IMO Nathan's samba supposition
    is prolly pretty good - if the message *is* indeed
    automated.

    ray