/etc/ld.so.preload was: strange telnet behavior

From: Jens Hektor (hektorat_private-aachen.de)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 22:00:09 PST

    Hi.

    The fact that /etc/ld.so.preload is successfully
    opened
    reminds me of some machines cracked lately at our
    site.

    In the preload file there was a lib listed
    (libshow) that
    successfully hided itself as well as other
    files/processes/...

    Have a check with a bootable (recovery) CD on that
    system,
    what is loaded via the preload.

    Bye, Jens Hektor