Re: hack that changes root to Root

From: Mike Shaw (mshawat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 13:00:22 PST

    I've seen a sophisticated Trojan horse program that does this.

    It basically tricks me into hitting the insert key in vi which capitalizes
    the letter.  This is particularly on the very first letter on the very
    first line where the cursor starts (like "root" in etc/passwd).  So far I
    haven't seen a publicly available exploit, so I have no idea how it knows
    I'm in a hurry and been living in notepad all day. ; )

    -Mike