RE: Port UDP 3049

From: Paulo.Sedrezat_private
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 04:17:42 PST

    On 09-Mar-2002 Ryan Russell wrote:
    > I'm looking at some backdoor code that listens on UDP 3049.  I can see
    > through ARIS TMS that a number of users have recoded scans for that port.

    3049 is the CFS - Cryptografic File System - service port. Those scans are
    probably probing for some weak - or absent - password for a file system.

    -----
    Paulo F. Sedrez
    Diretor de Tecnologia
    Weavers Network Consulting      Tel/Fax: +55-21-2239-3190
    http://www.weavers.com.br       Paulo.Sedrezat_private
    Thought of the day:

    The law will never make men free; it is men who have got to make the law
    free.
                    -- Henry David Thoreau