RE: Weird log entries...

From: John Hartley (john@lizard-design.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 06:13:00 PST

    I could be wrong, but if they were attempting to connect to an IRC server,
    then it probably points to using your machine to DDoS or DoS someone else.
    There was a news article about this only very recently, in which it
    described something similar to this.  Unfortunately, I've been unable to
    find that article again.

    That would be my guess, but feel free to correct me, it's been a long week.
    :)

    Regards,

    John.