Re: 'rooted' NT/2K boxen?

From: Cody Hatch (codyat_private)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 14:46:41 PDT

    I saw a Win2000 machine rooted just last week by an autorooter taking
    advantage of the pre-10pack rollup Microsoft put out just recently. It
    was hacked through a Unicode attack by an auto-rooter from Russia,
    connected to an ftp site in Moscow and downloaded a file named "lb.exe",
    which, when run connects to an IRC server in Moscow, loads an
    auto-rooter with a list of servers to attack, and hides the processes
    from netstat, Program Manager, etc. It was pretty slick.

    Cody Hatch
    HALO Network Security