Re: gw.ocg-corp.com

From: Jordan K Wiens (jwiensat_private)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 14:54:58 PDT

    I've seen a ton of those hits as well.  The software that is doing the
    spidering can be downloaded here:
    http://larbin.sourceforge.net/index-eng.html

    Always entertaining is to follow links like:
    http://IP.OF.LARBIN:8081/
    Get all sorts of neat stats on the crawler.

    Especially good is:
    http://aa.bb.cc.dd:8081/ip.html
    Which is fun for finding random links or seeing where the crawler is going.

    Not really sure what they're doing with the data from this thing, or what
    it's after, but I have seen it as well.  The most interesting thing about
    it is the WinampMPEG string.  The crawler will hit up and (I suppose)
    follow robots.txt files, at least it looks like it does from my logs of
    larbin crawls.

    --
    Jordan Wiens
    UF Network Incident Response Team