Re: Strange scan on 1433

From: George Bakos (gbakosat_private)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 14:45:29 PDT

    My apologies for the initial misinterpretation.  The random password()
    function is only invoked when assigning a temporary password to the Guest
    account, as well as for setting one on the previously null sa.  There is
    no attempt to hammer out passwords for entry.  The incidents.org diary
    entries have been amended, and a more in-depth analysis submitted.

    Again, My apologies for the premature announcement, although good passwords
    are always a fine idea.

    On Tue, 21 May 2002 11:46:49 -0500
    "Blake Frantz" <blakeat_private> wrote:

> [...]

    George Bakos
    Institute for Security Technology Studies
    Dartmouth College
    gbakosat_private
    voice 	603-646-0665
    fax	603-646-0666