Port 445 increase?

From: Mike Hrubes (MHrubesat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 14:02:20 PDT

    Since around noon today (CST), we've really been getting hammered with tcp 445.  Interestingly, it appears to be a tool or worm doing the scanning.  All requests seem to follow the same basic format of ICMP, then 445, followed by nbname.  The requests are coming from many many different IPs, but are all directed at a single box on our network.

    Just curious if anyone else out there is seeing anything like this?

    Thanks!

    MH