Re: increase of scans against port 1524

From: gminick (gminickat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 09:33:55 PDT

    On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:17:45PM +0200, High Speed wrote:
    > last 2 days I noticed an increased scan against port 1524
    > ingreslock	1524/tcp    ingres
    > ingreslock	1524/udp    ingres
    > Are there known issues with this port ?
    > Recently found vulnerabilities ?
    I see them too, but, what is really interesting,
    SRC_PORT == DST_PORT, so, packets are going from 1524 to 1524.
    Besides of 1524 to 1524 I see a lot of packets (usually with
    SYN, or SYN+FIN flags set) to port 21 from 21 (or 22-22)
    Amount of those packets is increasing from day to day and it
    affects all servers I'm looking at.
    Now it doesn't look like an individual with hping2 or sth,
    it's rather some kind of worm-like tool.
    Strange, since it's making signature-based NIDS life simpler... :)

    --
    [ Wojtek gminick Walczak ] [ http://gminick.linuxsecurity.pl/ ]
    [ gminick (at) hacker.pl ] [ gminick (at) underground.org.pl/ ]