RE: URGENT! gamespy download infected with Nimda

From: Karen Cobb (cobbyat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 09:02:30 PDT

    Hi Stuart,

    Thanks for alerting us to the possible presence of a virus in the GameSpy Arcade Installer.  We verified that the GameSpy Arcade Installer did indeed contain the W32.Nimda.E@mm virus shortly after receiving your e-mail.  The infected file was immediately replaced with a virus-free version of the installer.

    Your computer may be at risk of infection.  Fortunately, the virus maybe easily removed by using this free tool from Symantec:

    http://www.networkingfiles.com/AntiVirus/w32e.htm

    We thank you for your help in alerting us to this problem and hope that you enjoy using GameSpy Arcade.

    Karen "Cobby" Cobb
    Customer Service Manager
    GameSpy Industries
    karenat_private