UAAC Protocol ?

From: Clarke, Suzy (suzy.clarkeat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 01:42:46 PDT

    Hi all,

    Last year the XC telnetd worm infected machines running the BSD based telnet
    daemon. Amongst other things it installed a rootshell backdoor on TCP port
    145.

    This port is reserved for a service called "UAAC" [it's defined by default
    in FreeBSD's /etc/services file]
    Does anyone have any idea what it's legitimately used for?

    I've checked the RFCs and done a Google search but they haven't turned up
    anything. In several port listings a David Gomberg at Mitre
    [gombergat_private] is listed as the contact for this service but
    mail to that address bounces. I was also referred to him by IANA. Does
    anyone have an alternate email for him?

    I contacted Ryan Russell at Sec Focus as he did the original XC worm
    analysis but he doesn't know what UAAC is used for either.

    If you've got any ideas or info please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Suzy

    " This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
    is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for
    the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you
    are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use
    this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please
    notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message ".