Re: Anyone seen this before?

From: Sergey Latkin (slatkinat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 08:33:35 PDT

    Michael

    > > It is facing the public
    > > so the standard extra precautions have been taken.
    [and]
    > This machine is generally locked down both physically and electronically.
    > You just can't walk up to the machine and log in.  So where ever it came
    > from was not installed interactively and is hidden somewhere.

    What did you mean by "it is facing the public"? Showcase display? Public
    network service? Or it is just connected to Internet as a client w/o firewall?

    now, let's go in a different direction. Is the active desktop enabled there?
    Try to locate shell extensions in the registry. Application name shown in a
    task mgr is actually a window title/caption and may have no connection with
    the executable file name. It may be helpful if you can run some
    debugging/development tool such as MS Spy++ to show all the windows and their
    processes.

    Sergey

    --
    Sergey Latkin