Closed thread- Anyone seen this before?

From: Michael B. Morell (MMorellat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 11:39:26 PDT

    I would like to thank David Brain for his insight on this one.

    It turns out that it was *not* an exploit at all.  Let's just say *user
    error*.

    The confusion was in the fact that the address bar that can be called up on
    the toolbar was _*HIDDEN*_
    Underneath/behind the regular toolbar.  Making it so that I could not see
    it.

    I moved the normal tool bar at the bottom of the screen and lo and behold,
    there was the address window.

    So it was technically on the desktop, which is why it showed up as an app
    and why it was linked to
    explorer.exe and also why it had a desktop handle.

    My apologies to the community for the wild goose chase.  I do appreciate
    everyone's suggestions.

    Now the question is, who was at the server while I was on my hiatus!  But
    that is for me to find out.

    Thanx again,

    Mike

    Now back to more important things like harassing users and playing UT.  And
    not in that order.