can't seem to find these tools/rootkit anywhere ..

From: Henti Smith (bainat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 16:14:15 PDT

    Howdy

    one of the machines on my network was rooted a week or so ago ... pretty
    basic acually considering the machine wa snot updated in months...

    anyway ..

    I ran all the rootkit scanners and found nothing appart from a possible
    RH-Sharp which I could not find any info about ..
    here is some details from the hack ..

    two directories was created names of

    emech and muie

    emech seems to have contained a eggdrop of sorts .. nothing unusuall there
    ..

    muie was more interresting..

    Apprt from the infected files which was used to try and hide the hack there
    was a file called crontab-entry which bacisally catted all system info and
    mailed it to uglykidat_private

    other directories inside was adore-0.34 and adore-42 ... the .c files had a
    header containing 2001 by Stealth -- http://spider.scorpions.net/~stealth

    ettercap which I assume was a ethersniffer or scanner .. from the strings ..
    more like a scanner ..

    filez which seems to contain info of the hackfiles / netstat / ps / syslog
    information .. used I think by the infected files to hide the info contained
    in them ..

    another mech directory .. and a sshd directory ...

    files that were infected are : atd.init chsh clean crontab-entry du find
    functions ifconfig inet install install.log killall ls lsof md5sum netstat
    ps pstree sense shad slice sshd stealth sysinfo
    syslogd syslogd.init top vadim wp xinetd

    Lastly there was a file called vanish which I assume he used to clear out
    the logs of he's entry ..

    hope this helps somebody ... if you need the acuall binaries .. .I still
    have them

    Hent Smith