Re: China Experience ?

From: Russell Fulton (r.fultonat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 15:04:49 PDT

    On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 09:26, Bob DeRosier wrote:

    > I am looking for information about dealing with the authorities in China
    > with regard to attack attempts.  Does anyone know what the procedure is, who
    > to contact, what they do after they are contacted, any possible fallout from
    > such an action ?
    >

    > Bob

    here is an excert from recent mail from Dr Frank Lee of CNCERT

    > CNCERT also provides 3 mail boxes to receive complaints against
    different incident types:
    >     securityat_private for network attack;
    >     anti-spamat_private for spamming mails;
    >     abuseat_private for network abuses like port-scan;
    > So you could forward the complaints to these mail boxes accordingly,
    and we will try our best to help you.

    CNCERT has just (or is about to) join FIRST and join with CERT/CC
    AusCERT and many other national and corporate SIRTS.  I have spoken with
    some members of the CNCERT team at the AusCERT and FIRST conferences and
    they appear ready and willing to attack the problems of insecure systems
    in China that are being abused.

    Cheers, Russell

    Russell Fulton, Computer Security Officer, THe University of Auckland,
    New Zealand.