Re: Bind 9.2.X exploit???

From: David Conrad (david.conradat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 08:44:41 PDT

    On 7/25/02 4:11 AM, "Patrick Andry" <pandryat_private> wrote:
    > Probably an exploit based on this:
    > (from http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind-security.html )
    > Name: "libbind buffer overflow"

    Just to be clear, this vulnerability does not affect the BIND servers, but
    rather any application linked to the resolver library (which many vendors
    include in their libc).  I'm skeptical that if this exploit is real, it is
    based on this bug as the libc in Linux has been fixed since 2.2.5 (1999 or
    so, I'm told) and the exploit references recent versions of Linux.

    > I don't think that you're seeing a 0-day exploit, but maybe someone at the ISC
    > would want a copy of it to check it out.

    Yes, they would.

    Rgds,
    -drc