Packet suckers?

From: David Carmean (dlcat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 12:53:04 PDT

    Any of y'all running packet suckers outside your filters to see
    what the kidz are up to?  I've been playing with some patches
    Hobbit made to tcp_wrappers, which sends telnet escapes to ask for
    telnet environment variables, and various other strings to egg
    on other clients.

    It's a little clunky to configure/use, though.  Wondering
    if there are other packet sinks/suckers around for research
    like this, or if most folks write their own?

    I'm really not a programmer, but I'm contemplating trying to
    hack LaBrea to do this kind of stuff before it optionally
    tries to capture and hold the connection.

    Thanks...