Re: Anyone know this rootkit (rootkits?)

From: Conjuror (conjurorat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 09:08:27 PDT

    Hi,

    i guess its the "tuxkit" rootkit, which the attacker has installed on ur
    machine.
    This rootkit as to my knowledge, opens up an ssh shell , replaces the
    binaries ps,ls,su etc etc.
    U might get some pointers on google if u search for tuxkit. Its a relatively
    new rootkit...well not that new right now..!!
    Hope that helps.

    Cheers,
    -Kartik.