RE: large scale distributed scan of port tcp 445

From: Brian McWilliams (brian@pc-radio.com)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 12:46:23 PDT

    I've kind of been waiting for a spike in 445 scans for the past 12 months
    ... :)

    Windows 2000 Port Invites Intruders
    26 Aug 2001, 6:14 PM CST

    http://www.pc-radio.com/Windows%202000%20Port%20Invites%20Intruders.htm

    Exploiting a hole in Windows 2000, a hacker says he penetrated Microsoft's
    corporate network earlier this month and had full access to hundreds of the
    company's computers.

    Brian